Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Very quick and important!!!!

Just as a very quick post today I want to guide your attention to Cass' blog.


As some of you already know I lost my husband, Larry, to prostate cancer 11 years ago this month. Larry was 52 when he was diagnosed and it had only been a little over a year since his last physical. Since our medical coverage did not include coverage for a PSA (a $40 blood test) his physician did not think it critical to order this test since there was no family history of cancer. Not a good idea. I knew almost nothing about prostate cancer at the time. One of my grandfather's friends had died of it, but I had no idea that in younger men (under 65) this is an incredibly fast moving, deadly disease. During Larry's battle we met men in their 30's with prostate cancer, some who also lost their lives. As women we know that breast cancer kills, but prostate cancer does too, and sometimes, like breast cancer, without any outward signs that something is wrong until it's too late.
As a way to inform and raise awareness Kate has found an organization called US Too International that is raising funds for research and support. They have designated September 19th as the second annual Sneakers @ Work Day. For a $10 donation you will receive a pair of Blue Shoelaces to wear in your shoes or around your neck or???
I know this is close to our Scrap Pink Weekend, but I'd like to take the first steps here to educate and inform about this disease. Our Friday Night Crop on the 19th is our 1st Blue Shoelaces Crop and the price is $15. $10 will go to US Too International.
Make your donation and pick up your Shoelaces by Thursday September 18th and you will receive a Blue Shoelaces Early Bird Coupon Book. 8 coupons good from September 19-21, 2008.
Wear your shoelace in the store on Friday the 19th and get a coupon good for $5 off a $20 purchase.
Wear them during the crop and we'll have something extra special for you:)

This is straight from her blog, please help, some may not know that my Grandfather right now is battling this, and I will be wearing my blue laces for him and everyone else who has lost the battle.

Thank you.

No comments: