Saturday, May 16, 2009

I want Sunshine!!!!!!

Yet again today is gloomy outside, it would be the perfect day to stay in and create but right now I don't have time for that, I need to catch up on somethings around the house. Jon told me this week that "you know you do have a family". Well I always make sure that they have food in the house, along with the other needs in life, TP, deodorant, shampoo etc. And I do alot of my work at home so I am here if they need me. I think they miss the banana bread, homemade cookies, and turkeys for dinner. You always think you'll have more time when your kids get older, but you don't. But I am one of the lucky ones I love what I do, not everyone can say they have a job they enjoy doing and makes them happy, yes it makes me crazy, but a happy crazy not carring a gun up a clock tower crazy. I love finding new thing for the store, I love trying new techniques and playing around and discovering my own. Well I think I have rambled on enough, here are some of my favorite projects, were I just got to play.

This is a mirror, with my picture on it in decal paper, and gold leafing, what fun.













Can you tell I love texture, I dangle things, love lace and trims and if it's old that's even better.
Have a great weekend.
Laura

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the old photos and the embellished tags. I have hundreds of old photos from my mother, I just will have to try this!

Anonymous said...

i went estate saling saturday morning. nothing really to count be fun stuff the play with :D

Michelle M White said...

i love this heritage book!